Friday, April 27, 2012

Dessert Kabobs

Alex’s sister is in town, so we his family over for dinner the other night.  His sister can’t have dairy, so I had to get a little more creative than normal on what I was going to make for dessert.  Plus, I’ve been kind of worn out lately so I wanted something quick and easy.  Strawberries were on sale and one of my favorite summer desserts is angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream.  I had to modify it a little and here is what I came up with.  I thought I had something like this pinned but couldn’t find it when I went back to look.

IMG_8552

I used some thicker skewers that came with my cake pop maker.  They are also a little shorter than the ones I have from the grocery store.

IMG_8554

We bought an angel food cake although you could make one or use pound cake.  I put two chocolate bunnies in a ziplock bag and stuck it in some hot water until it was melted.  Then I cut off the tip (don’t cut off very much) and drizzled it on top. 

IMG_8556

Best of all, they were super tasty.  That is the most important part right?

1 comments:

Renée said...

Oh yum...you posted desert kabobs and I shared the main course. Great job!

Post a Comment