Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cups

I did something silly this past spring.  I gave up candy for lent.  Now you might be wondering why that is silly.  I’m not Catholic, but Alex is and so I try to be supportive.  Anyway, I didn’t realize until after I had started that I should not have done that and by then it was too late and I was committed.  It was not my best idea because Cadbury Eggs are my favorite candy.  I actually had never had one until I went to England.  There, they are available all year round but here in the States you can only find them around Easter.  And they don’t age well so you can’t hang on to them too long (I learned that last summer).  So I guess if you are really into Lenten sacrifice, then it was a good choice.  If you are into Cadbury Eggs, it was silly.

Luckily for me, I stumbled across this pin on Pinterest.   Bingo, just what I needed.  I decided this was a cookie, not candy, so didn’t count.  I had no idea how easy it was to make the filling.

IMG_8050

The recipe made a ton of filling, way more than I needed.  I thought about eating it with a spoon, but thought Alex might judge me for doing so.  It was also kind of runny, which is how I like my Cadbury Eggs.  The only problem with that it is made Alex transporting the majority of them to work the next day somewhat of a precarious operation.  I also next time might try to cook my cookie cups a little less and maybe make them a little less thick.  They were delicious though and really hit the I-shouldn’t-have-given-up-candy-for-Lent spot. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment