Friday, August 24, 2012

At Home Drive In

Here's a super old post for you.  I am a huge college basketball fan.  Always have been always will be.  My team of choice is of course the Kansas Jayhawks.  If you ask my dad, he will probably tell you that my first words were Danny Manning.  This past spring, Coach Self took a group of boys who weren't supposed to amount to much of anything and took them to New Orleans.  Not everyday your team makes it that far, so we had to do something to celebrate.  We have an extraordinarily large tv but unfortunately not an extraordinarily large living room.  So in order to accommodate the number of people we wanted to accommodate, we moved the party outside.    
We borrowed a projector from my parents (they have the coolest stuff at their house).  It wasn't the prettiest, but we were able to finagle everything so that we could hook the projector to a cable box (which is luckily plugged in right by a window at the back of the house).  In case you were wondering, the white fabric is a scrap I found to hang on the cord so no one would trip over it after it got dark.
Here is my sweet set up.  Yes that is an arm chair in my backyard.  It is from college and I keep it in the garage for backyard gatherings.  I tried to give it away for free on Craigslist but no one came to pick it up so I figure I will keep it for outdoor furniture as long as I can convince people to move it for me.

In case you were wondering, they won in the Final Four (the game we watched in these pictures) then lost to Kentucky in the championship game.  Broke my heart, but they break my heart every time they lose.  ROCK CHALK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment