Monday, August 13, 2012

Wedding Shower

One of my sorority sisters and dear friends got married last month and I was lucky enough to be one of her bridesmaids.  The other bridesmaids were other sorority sisters and the maid of honor was the bride's childhood friend but we liked her so much we tried to convince her to move to Kansas City so we could hang out with her more often.  Anyway, back at the end of June we threw a shower for the lovely bride.  It was lots of fun and I thought I would share some pictures.  I will come back and do specific posts about projects I was in charge of later 
 Food table (with the MOH in the background)

 Drinks and more food
Bride to be playing a game in her seat of honor
Cutting the yummy cake

For anyone wondering about the logistics, I can share a little bit about how we planned everything.  There were four bridesmaids plus the maid of honor.  Like I said before, the bridesmaids (myself included) are all sorority sisters so we know each other well.  The maid of honor lives in St. Louis and is a childhood friend of the bride.  We talked with her about what help she needed and we decided what would work best for us would be for us all to plan the shower.  We split it up so that three ladies were in charge of food and two ladies were in charge of decor/games (we thought that was the best way to split up the financial responsibilities).  I was on team decor/games.  Anyone who is looking for guidance on how to plan a shower, my best advice is just to start talking to the interested parties and figure out what everyone's expectations are.  If you need help connecting with someone in the bridal party, ask the bride for help.  Not that you should ask the bride to plan her own shower, but in our case, since we didn't know the MOH, we asked the bride to talk to her to make sure the MOH knew that we were here to help her with whatever and that we didn't want to step on her toes if she had it covered.  It ended up working really well and the shower was great.  I will be back soon to share some of the decorations and games I was in charge of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment