Thursday, November 1, 2012

Alex's Birthday Party

So Alex had a birthday.  Back in June.  I threw him a birthday party.  I took pictures for a blog post and never wrote it.  Better late than never, right?  I procrastinated a little too much and didn't get quite as much done as I would of liked but it was fun none the less.  The party was beer themed because Alex likes beer.

I cheated and ordered cupcakes for dessert.  I got a Groupon for a place that delivered and let Alex pick the flavors.  They were delicious.  The Boulevard (a local brewery) thing came from my dad.  I'm not sure if it was originally supposed to hold bottles or candles or what.  It held the cupcakes nicely.



Dinner was hot dogs and a topping bar. Think of it kinda like all those new frozen yogurt shops but with hot dogs instead of ice cream.  I picked that because it was relatively cheap, relatively easy and did not require me to turn on the oven (it was hot this summer).

The little bowls came from Target.  I was going for the colors in the Boulevard logo as my color scheme.  The table decorations were kind of lame but I just used whatever I could find.
The idea was that everyone would bring a six pack or so to share so people could try different beers.  That didn't go so well but I think that was partly because we didn't push the issue.  I set up the drink station with small glasses for tasking and big glasses for full beers.  Plus a bowl full of lemons because I like lemon in my beer.  And bottle openers too.

I had stuff to play games (drinking games) but we didn't end up doing anything other than sitting around and chatting.  It was a fun party (I had fun at least) and we got to hang out with some pretty cool people.  Anytime Alex gets to talk to people he's a happy camper.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment