Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wedding Gift

One of my sorority sisters got married this past summer and when I saw this on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to do something like it for her gift.


Here's my take:

Basically the idea is to put a bunch of bottles of champagne in a gift basket and put a little tag on each one telling them when to drink it.  I put a note on the front that kind of explained the gift (it didn't print well and I waited until the last minute so I couldn't really get it right.)  

The one with the baby tag is sparkling grape juice and the others were different types of reasonably priced champagne.  I used some washi tape from Target to embellish the tags.  The basket is from Hobby Lobby--it needs to be something sturdy enough to hold the bottles.  You can't really tell from these pictures but instead of using tissue, I used extra bridesmaid dress fabric (the dresses we picked were long but we had them altered to be knee length since it was a summer wedding).

It was really a super easy gift to put together and I loved how it turned out.  You could customize it to the couple really easily.  Sorry my pictures aren't better.  I forgot to photograph it at home so had to snap a few quick pictures during the shower.

0 comments:

Post a Comment