Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

Once upon a time we had a Cinco de Mayo party.  Back in May.  I took pictures of it for a blog post and never wrote it.  Better late than never right?

This was so long ago I can't even remember what we ate.  Probably tacos.  Whenever I think of Cinco de Mayo I think of the party the people in my study abroad program threw for our British friends when I was in England.  It was an epic party complete with hillbilly margaritas (we could not for the life of us figure out how to make a good margarita with the ingredients available to us so one of the guy's mom saved the day and sent us a recipe that used beer--it was delicious) and Mexican wrestling (our British friends managed to convince school officials that it was an American tradition so they should not force us to stop despite the fact that we were creating a ruckus outside at night during exam time).


Queens Wing kids--those were the days

Anyway back to this year.  Apparently all I took pictures of are the drinks.  It may be more accurate that the only pictures that survived my computer crash are those of the drinks.  Either way, here you are:
Margaritas and limes--a Cinco de Mayo staple

 The whole set up.  I put a white sangria type drink in the drink stand.  And a sneak peak at our old coffee station (I have since rearranged a time or two)

If I had the resources (money and storage space) I would serve drinks in mason jars at every party.  The straws are from Target. 

Check back soon to see what other random pictures I find on my computer to post :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment