Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Big Girl Tutus

My friend’s big girls (10 and 12) wanted tutus for Christmas.  I let them pick the colors and got to work.  Tutus are fun because they are super easy to customize.  I actually re-used the tulle from my Halloween costume.  I wasn’t sure how long to make them and didn’t get a chance to measure the girls, so I guess.  Here is what I came up with:
IMG_6553
IMG_6554
I wanted them to be a little more full, so I used white Dollar Tree tulle for the bottom layer and did their colors of choice as the top layer.  The tulle isn’t quite as bright when you get it off the spool so I added some ribbon to brighten them up.
IMG_6555
I know some people use elastic for the waistband but I prefer ribbon because it is easier to make them bigger or smaller.  That way as the kids grow, the tutu can grow with them. 
IMG_6552

0 comments:

Post a Comment