Thursday, March 15, 2012

In Which I Resolve to Make a Change

For something that won't be very long and that most people won't care about, this post has been a long time coming.  I think I've drafted it either on paper or in my head about 20 times.  There are a lot of reasons why this post, and others to come, are important, and there is one reason why I have been reluctant to post it--I don't want to. For a lot of people, this may seem like no big deal, but for me, I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone.  I'm a very private person and don't like to share things that to me seem like a weakness (aka not having it all together, which I know rationally is not a weakness, but one cannot be rational with all things).

I need to lose weight.  I don't really remember that my weight was ever a big negative in my life until, surprise surprise, I started law school (I blame a lot of the negatives in my life on law school).  Basically, in the midst of being super busy and super stressed, being healthy got away from me.  Then in my post law school/bar exam binge, all I wanted to do was enjoy my self and not worry about anything.  And I didn't worry about what I was putting into my body until I had to start worrying about how my jeans didn't fit.  Recently I finally have said enough is enough and am determined to make changes.


The thing that sucks is that this is going to be hard.  I don't want to go on a diet.  Because diets are really only a short term solution.  And if it is only going to work for one or three or six months, I don't really want to bother.  I want to make healthy lifestyle changes.  I want to take it off and leave it off. So why am I blogging about this when I just told you I didn't want to?  Goals are no good if you don't share them, if you don't have any accountability.  So by forcing myself to write it down and reflect out in the open, I can help myself not give up.



So here goes:

Current Weight: 182 lbs
Ultimate Goal: Weight between 130-135 on February 25, 2013 (my 27th birthday)

Mini Goal #1: 170 lbs by April 15
Mini Reward #1: New dress for Alex's cousin's wedding

Action Steps:
1. Read and follow Full-Filled by Renee Stephens
2. Read and follow The Flex Diet by James Beckerman
3. Weight and track every five days (dates that end in 5 and 0)
4. Walk a marathon in March.

Deep breath.  That wasn't so bad.  I'll check back in a few days and let you know how things are going.

2 comments:

Katelynn said...

Hey! Check out myfitnesspal.com it is an easy to to track what you're eating. You can also follow people and keep each other encouraged. It has been very helpful to me! I'll follow you :). Proud of you Lola!

Marianne said...

I will join you in this journey. Although my ultimate goal will be 150. I just signed up on myfitnesspall.com. It looks like a good tool. Good Luck, you can do it!

Post a Comment