Saturday, March 17, 2012

Colored Solar Lanterns

These were a cute little project that I did last summer.  At the end of the summer, target had these little solar garden lights on clearance so I bought a couple.  I took them apart so all I had left was the light.  Then I glued the light onto the ring part of a mason jar lid.  I colored the mason jars with Mod Podge (Mod Podge + water + food coloring in the jar so the inside is coated, then drain off the extra and let dry; you can speed up the drying process by putting them in a very low temp oven).  Put the lid on the jar and that’s it. 

IMG_2228

It was hard to get a good picture of them but there were really nice.  They didn’t give off a lot of light so they were really just for decoration.  I used the outdoor Mod Podge and they held up okay after a little rain but when we had a big storm, they kind of got ruined because I left them outside.  Whoops.

IMG_2233

0 comments:

Post a Comment