Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hallway Mini Gallery Wall

So I am more or less obsessed with decorating with picture frames.  I  really love to be surrounded by my family and friends.  I tend to buy frames when they are on clearance and they match one of my color schemes.  Then I change color schemes and need to frames and have extras.  Such is the case when we moved and I moved towards a more masculine palette for our bedroom.  Before we were rocking a jewel-tone/black and white damask theme.  Anyways, I had a lot of extra frames and a blank wall in the hallway.  Any guesses on where this one is going?

IMG_7750 

The hallway is really narrow so its is pretty much impossible to get a straight on shot.   This wall leads to our bedroom and opposite it is the utility closet (where the furnace and vacuum live).

IMG_7754

The picture frames also help the thermostat blend in.  I have since added some silver frames which look nice with the black and purple.

IMG_7755

Here it is when looking from the doorway to the living room into our bedroom.  I think I want to add a few more that are art instead of pictures, but who knows when I will get around to that.  The Keep Calm and Carry One is vinyl on glass so I can switch out the paper whenever I want (if I get tired of yellow).  The Always & Forever frame is similar, but the ampersand is etched and the words are vinyl. All of the frames are attached with 3M Velcro Command Strips so I can move them around easily without messing up the wall.00

0 comments:

Post a Comment