Monday, June 25, 2012

Laundry Room

I finally got my photo software put back on my computer so I was able to upload pictures of our laundry room.  It isn’t much and certainly isn’t super fancy, but it does the job and after three years of living in an apartment sans washer/dryer hook-ups, it might just be my favorite room in the house.  It also happens to be super hard to photograph.

IMG_9735

The laundry room is off of the kitchen and the door on the right leads to the garage.  We just got the washer and dryer a month or so ago and they work amazing.  Turns our Alex and I can’t make decisions like where to go to dinner to save our lives but when it comes to big things like appliances, it only takes us a few minutes.  The laundry room is really more like a big closet, but that’s okay.  This is what you see when you look in from the kitchen.

IMG_9737

This is the wall above the washer and dryer.  The shelf and bar were in the room when we moved in.  The baskets are all from the Dollar Tree, but they haven’t had them the last few times I’ve been in.  The top frame just has white paper behind the glass so it can be used like a dry erase board.  The bottom frame has metal in it so it is magnetic.  The baskets up on the shelf have various things in it—floor cleaning stuff, extra attachments for the vacuum, our iron, miscellaneous random stuff (dog treats, shoe water proofing spay, a roll of shrink wrap we used when we moved, etc.), and trash bags.

IMG_9747

The two smaller baskets hang from the rods with rings that I used in law school to hold my notecards together.  One holds our Tide Pods and he other has stain remover, Febreeze and other stuff like that.  The phone booth is a charging station that my parents got me for my birthday a couple of years ago.  It doesn’t work real well as a charging station, but it is really super cute.  Other than that, we are trying not to keep much stuff on the washer and dryer to keep them from becoming magnets for clutter.

IMG_9740

On the end by the dyer hangs our broom and Swiffer and dustpans.   The London canvas came from Target and the Keep Calm and Carry On canvas I made—I painted the canvas and applied vinyl I ordered online using a Groupon.  The vinyl isn’t really straight which bummed me out a little bit, but it is what it is.  I probably should have just bought a poster instead of vinyl but the DYI bug bit me and I couldn’t help myself.

IMG_9743

The other wall is pretty blank.  I put a random dry erase board over there for notes and we keep our trash can there because it is too big to fit under the sink.  There is a rack of hooks on the garage door that I use to hang stuff that doesn’t got in the dryer.  (Please ignore the clutter on the kitchen counter, I have already cleaned it up.

So there you have it.  It’s not too much but it is functional and in my opinion, cut.  Not sure which room I will share next and I’ve got a busy week anyway so you’ll have to wait a bit for the next installment of the house tour.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

From Molly: Dog treats?! I'll be over!

Nelly@DGInnovations said...

Im visiting from Take a Look Party!
The room looks great---very nice and neat! So maybe it not fancy, but it IS functional and THAT is what matters the most!!!!
I really love the pop of blue in all the baskets and the hanging basket is awesome too!! I need to redo my laundry room SO BAD so I am totally jealous of yours!

Nelly

Heidi Lisa said...

I'm also visiting from the Take a Look Party! Love the look and that it's so nice and bright! My laundry room is concrete heaven. Hope to change that in the future!
Aloha a Hui Hou!

Post a Comment