Friday, June 15, 2012

Uh Oh

Guess who was all ready to be creative last night and type up some blog posts?  Guess whose computer decided to freak out?  It was one of those nights.  The good news is that while I was freaking out, Alex stayed calm, cool and collected and we ended up realizing that my computer is still under warranty and my new friend at HP support showed me how to order a recovery CD which should be in the mail in the next day or too.  And all I had to pay was shipping (well I also already bought a new copy of Windows but Alex wouldn't let me open it so hopefully it will be returned soon).  Fingers crossed the recovery CD will work and I will be back in business.

Of course I haven't run a back up on my computer in a while and have been having some issues with my external hard drive so I'm not really sure what all I will have left when the whole ordeal is over.  Luckily I recently found by 80GB iPod that I thought I had killed my first year of law school when a water bottle spilled in my purse on the way to a final review.  Apparently letting it dry out for 2+ years did the trick so between it, my little iPod that replaced the big iPod and my phone, I should be able to recover all of my music.  I don't delete pictures off memory cards very often so I can hopefully find most of my pictures too.  Moral of the story is BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER. 

Anyways, just letting you know so you don't think I am slacking.  I will be back as soon as I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment