Monday, June 11, 2012

Welcome to my Home

Hi friends.  I'm back and I think I might stick around for a while this time.  I'm not making any promises quite yet, but I have a bunch of fun stuff that I am working on and I'm pretty excited about it.  Also to (hopefully) jump start the creative juices, I wanted to share with you a little bit about our house. 

When I started law school, I moved into a cheap little apartment.  At first it really wasn't too bad, but three years later, there were a few too many things that we hated about it.  We found cute little house to rent and moved in just before Thanksgiving.  Our lease goes to the end of 2012 and we aren't sure yet if we will stay here beyond then or look at other options, but for now I have slowly been working on making it our home.  In my defense, we moved in and immediately were immersed in the holidays.  Then I started two solid months of bar prep.  Since then I have been transitioning back into civilian life.  And doing a little bit here and there.

I don't really know if I have a "style" at this point.  I like things to be functional.  Most of what we own is hand-me-downs.  And I have a tendency to switch things up when I get bored.  I like the color blue.  And I love photographs.  Nothing can be permanent and no painting the walls since we are renting.

Here is my attempt at showing you all a floor plan.  The top of the picture is what the house looks like if you were standing in the street.  And it is not really proportional (but I tried).  I'm thinking that I will go through room by room and share some of what I would love to have one day and what it looks like now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment